I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible (per the contest's rules), but I did put in some options to attempt to smooth out some edges.
[EDIT: I was selected as a runner-up. Wooo!]
- The game defaults to the original settings, but I highly recommend turning on the Minimap, and turning off typos, and setting the Tileset to Mod 2.
- Don't type YES to needing instructions, it will boot you (again, original code)
- -1 often times exits a menu
- You can type NONE to the class selection to re-roll your stats
- It is very, very hard. Dark Souls has nothing on this game
- There is only 1 monster at a time. It will not move through walls. However, your spells and arrows will
- I added these command options to the COMMAND= prompt which won't be listed in the in-game menu: ? = show commands, ITEMS = inventory, SPELLS = current spells