Ok, I've learned an important lesson on this project regarding vocalizing a release date: Don't do it. I apologize to the people visiting this blog and waiting patiently. Things are still coming along nicely, but both myself and a friend rewriting it on the iPad have our day jobs. So, we're still testing and tweaking like mad, but no firm release date.
In the meantime, I thought it might be fun to host a small contest. Below, you'll see the 2nd map in the first area (The Forest). It's not an especially difficult map, so I expect that if you are here reading this, you probably won't find it too difficult. Nevertheless, it is harder to solve them just on sight.
- Treat the map as an X,Y grid, with the top left square being 0,0, the bottom left square is (0, 11), the top right square is (15,0) and the bottom right square is (15,11).
- Using this coordinate system, email me the placements of the MINIMUM number of loot bags needed to help Questy get the gem, get the key, and exit the level alive.
- Use the email in the About section in the upper right portion of this blog.
- The green X can have a loot bag placed on it, and the tan block will move/slide when Questy runs into it. Regarding the rest of the objects, you're on your own.
- Only one entry per person
- I will randomly choose one winner among all the winning submissions on January 12th.
- Do not post the solution here on this blog.
$20 Gift Certificate at J!NX
Enjoy and happy new year :)