Friday, March 16, 2012

Release dates, platforms, and pricing

It's that time again.  I'm posting a target release date.  Well, it's a target release month of April, that's the best I can do at the moment, but I feel really good about it.  


Dave and I, my good friend that has coded the iOS version, have decided we're going to release the iPad version for free up through the Forest levels.  From there, if you want to stick by Questy and save all of Talesworth, it would be $1.99 to unlock the rest of the game.  It's done, and now we're in bug testing, and adding some small enhancements based on some beta testing.


Also, I decided that I'm going to release the Flash version in parallel, for free, in its entirety.  I do think it shines on the iPad, but keeping it free in Flash makes its accessible to loads more people, and ultimately, that is my goal.  I find so much happiness in making games, but I also love when people play them.  


I couldn't be more excited to set this thing free!

7 comments:

  1. Don't break my heart again, Sean. Please. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it will be playable on iPhone too, right ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about an android version?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, no, it won't be a phone game, at least not on launch. It will only be launched as a free flash version, and the iPad version. We've talked about later releasing it as a phone game, just like episode 1, but in the interest of LAUNCHING this thing, well, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE GAME IS SO CLOSE, LET'S NOT GIVE UP! WE'RE WITH YOU, SEAN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have waited for this moment for over 2 years

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll believe it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete