Thursday, December 16, 2010

Talesworth Adventure - Sneak peek and launch date

Episode 2 (the Flash version) is done and can I just say that damn, it feels good to finish a game.  I'm still tweaking some levels, but that will probably continue up until launch.  Speaking of launch, I'm looking at the end of February.  It will be free to play via Flash, or for $1.99 on the App Store, you can play it on your iPad/iPhone.  Most of that money goes right back into making more games, and if you bought the first episode, I truly, genuinely, awesomely appreciate it. 

Here's a sneak peek of the main menu art:





I have moved away from the retro graphics, and into a combination of illustrated (done by Chris Hope) and in-game pixel art (done by Ian MacLean).  Retro art was fun, but damn, these guys are such great artists, it's amazing to see what they did with it. A good friend, Dave Bernat, is hammering keys and banging out code to port this thing to iOS.  Much in the spirit of a marathon, if you see him, throw a paper cup of water at his face to keep him going.

Sean

5 comments:

  1. Looks great. I'm counting the days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if the game is done maybe you'll show a little screenshot?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the game going? February just ended so I hope it's going to be out soon. Either way, an update on the progress would be apreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already in March. Where is the second part of my favorite game?: (

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    Just wanna say that I just achieved Talesworth Adventure, and loved it ! Great job ! Can't wait to play the next one :)

    Thank you !

    www.whitenote.fr

    ReplyDelete